Choosing the right property management company to take care of the investment you’ve made in your property is one of the most important decisions you will make. While managing properties on your own is sometimes a good decision, many times it’s just too overwhelming. If you don’t take the time to properly interview your property management company candidates beforehand, you could end up with your property in the wrong hands.
Intelligent Questions To Ask
Asking the right questions is more important than asking general questions. Here are some of our best questions that you should always ask a property management company before hiring:
- Will there be one property manager that I work with or the entire office? Who will be the property manager that I work with?
- Who is the head of the office or broker?
- How many units does your property management company oversee?
- How long have you been managing properties for?
- How long do clients typically stay with your property management company?
- How is your property management company different from other property management companies?
- What is the expectation that you have of me, as the property owner?
- How often will I receive communications from you about my property or properties?
- What are your policies about landlords contacting tenants?
- How often do you communicate with the people renting the property? How is that communication done?
- What is your turnaround on phone calls and emails?
- How much do you charge?
- Who will the lease be between? Do you provide a lease copy to me as well? How long are the lease periods that you typically offer?
- How much do you charge of month-to-month leases compared to traditional leases?
- Does the tenant need to pay for anything that is beyond normal wear and tear?
- What happens when your tenants call of repairs?
- How much move-out notice is required?
Trust The Professionals At Clagett Enterprises For Your Rental Property Needs
If you’re looking for the perfect realtor for your property or to assist during your purchase of any home, you can rely on Clagett Enterprises. Clagett Enterprises is a full-service real estate company with almost 30 years of experience in the Frederick and Western Maryland area. For assistant selling your home and getting the best possible price, contact us online or give us a call at 301-665-6009. To meet our team and see some of our beautiful homes, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+.